The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan was the first Plan to be adopted in Mid Sussex and now forms part of MSDC's District Plan.
Previous information on proceeding to referendum
Cuckfield Parish Council's Neighbourhood Plan was made in 2014.
The key themes and policies for the Plan are:
- Identify sites which will bring forward new market housing and affordable homes.
- Ensure Cuckfield retains its distinctive character and setting between the High Weald AONB, South Downs and neighbouring settlements.
- Protect the village centres of Cuckfield and Whitemans Green.
- Provide identified infrastructure and allow expansion for both schools, whilst taking into account the environment and ecology.
- Ensure the health and well-being of residents and seek to allocate and protect open space, community buildings and essential services
The neighbourhood plan and evidence
A copy of the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan is available below, together with the evidence documents that were a part of this process.
|Review Of Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Final||(PDF)|
|Cuckfield Parish Phlaa 2019 Update||(PDF)|
|Cuckfield Neighbourhood Submission Plan June14||(PDF)|
|Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Proposed Submission Pre Examination||(PDF)|
|1 Community Engagement Action Plan||(PDF)|
|2 1 Options Consultation Feedback Compressed||(PDF)|
|2 2 Statement Of Consultation||(PDF)|
|3 Sustainability Appraisal||(PDF)|
|3 1 Sa Non Technical Summary||(PDF)|
|4 Cuckfield Village Design Statement Compressed||(PDF)|
|5 Cuckfield Open Space Assessment Compressed||(PDF)|
|6 Cuckfield Landscape Character Assessment Compressed||(PDF)|
|7 Cuckfield Views Assessment Compressed||(PDF)|
|8 Cuckfield Biodiversity Assessment Compressed||(PDF)|
|9 Cuckfield Housing Need Survey||(PDF)|
|10 Parish Housing Land Availability Assessment||(PDF)|
|10 1 Parish Housing Land Availability Assessment Methodology||(PDF)|
|11 Cuckfield Village Centre Background Document||(PDF)|
|12 Whitemans Green Neighbourhood Centre Background Document||(PDF)|
|13 Cuckfield Infrastructure Assessment||(PDF)|
|15 Whitemans Green Conservation Area Parish Council Review||(PDF)|
|16 Msdc Whitemans Green Conservation Area||(PDF)|
|17 Cuckfield And Haywards Heath Distinctiveness||(PDF)|
|18 Buab Boundary Assessment||(PDF)|
|Community Engagement Action Plan||(PDF)|