The Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan was the first Plan to be adopted in Mid Sussex and now forms part of the Development Plan. To access the current Neighbourhood Plan, please visit:
Previous information on proceeding to referendum
Cuckfield Parish Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Plan team are pleased to announce that following examination by an independently appointed Examiner, the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan can now proceed to a public referendum. Neighbourhood planning allows local people under the Government’s Localism Bill 2011 to develop a statutory plan which will help determine the future of the Cuckfield Plan area and will be used in assessing planning applications in the area over the next 20 years.
If there are more than 50% of the votes cast in favour, it then becomes part of the Development Plan for the area and a statutory consideration in determining planning applications.
We are expecting the date for the referendum to be Thursday 24th July 2014 and this will be confirmed shortly. There will be additional communication and information once the referendum is announced.
The key themes and policies for the Plan aim to:
- Identify sites which will bring forward new market housing and affordable homes.
- Ensure Cuckfield retains its distinctive character and setting between the High Weald AONB, South Downs and neighbouring settlements.
- Protect the village centres of Cuckfield and Whitemans Green.
- Provide identified infrastructure and allow expansion for both schools, whilst taking into account the environment and ecology.
- Ensure the health and well-being of residents and seek to allocate and protect open space, community buildings and essential services
The neighbourhood plan and evidence
A copy of the Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Submission document is available below, together with the evidence documents that are a part of this process.
|Cuckfield Neighbourhood Submission Plan June14|
|Cuckfield Neighbourhood Plan Proposed Submission Pre Examination|
|Community Engagement Action Plan|