These are no longer issued from the Parish Council
You must apply direct to West Sussex County Council
The forms can either be downloaded from the
Or are available from the
- Local library
- District Council offices
The railcard vouchers can no longer be issued by the Parish Council.
We can, if you visit the office, issue you with a ‘unique code’ which you can use either over the telephone or on-line to benefit from the discounts available.
For new applicants, to issue the code, we will need:
- Proof of age
- Separate proof of residence in the village
The discount can also be obtained directly from the ‘senior railcard’ website. For more informations, please:
Changes to bus services - Spring 17
Effective from 9 March, 2017
There are a number of changes to bus services operated by Compass Bus happening this spring.Click to see a summary of these changes
This commercially operated service is withdrawn. Alternative services exist for most passengers on Compass Travel services 134, 135, 136 & 137 (these Compass services will be renumbered 35A, 35C, 36A & 36C from 23 April).
The largely commercial service will be withdrawn from 23 April 2017. Most passengers using the service between Brighton & Haywards Heath will alternative buses run by Metrobus on their services 270, 271, 272 & 273 (see below).
- On Mondays to Fridays a couple of journeys on Compass Travel service 33 between Hurstpierpoint and Haywards Heath will be extended to Balcombe and Crawley instead of those currently operated as service 40.
- There will also be an extra Monday to Friday journey from Balcombe at 0927 to Haywards Heath returning at 1330.
- Compass Travel service 33 will operate via Longacre Crescent between Haywards Heath, Balcombe and Crawley.
- Passengers between Haywards Heath and Cuckfield will continue to have regular buses on Metrobus service 271 and Compass Travel service 89.
- Those passengers from Longacre Crescent who cannot use the revised Compass Travel 33 will in future need to walk to Cuckfield London Road for the nearest alternative buses on Metrobus 271.
The timetables on these routes will be revised from 29 April 2017 with extra journeys added which will partly replace the withdrawn Compass Travel service 40 above.